The Billing Operations Analyst will report to the Business Operations Manager and work closely with cross-functional teams. The Billing Analyst owns the billing and reporting processes for external clients/partners. You will serve as liaison between the business and cross-functional teams including but not limited to IT, Accounting, Legal, and Procurement to effectively address and resolve issues. The Billing Analyst prepares monthly , quarterly, and yearly reporting and conducts research and analysis on complex billing and reporting inquiries from all parties.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-moving, constantly evolving and dynamic environment, and have the vision to make process improvement recommendations to automate and improve client/partner billing processes and operational practices influencing billing and reporting.
- Data gathering from company databases to create pivot tables and graphs to prepare daily, monthly, quarterly or annual spreadsheets and needed for reporting, analysis and documentation.
- Provide operational support of client and partner processes by tracking and executing energy usage reimbursement and true up calculations according to contractual terms.
- Proactively investigate complex payment and billing issues and recommend solutions for billing and operational efficiencies affecting the customer and partner experience.
- Ability to explain calculations verbally to internal teams and external clients/partners.
- Assist with account reconciliations and invoicing reviews.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on reporting requests.
- Review and interpret terms and conditions of contracts and be able to confirm validity and accuracy of associated billing.
- Special projects and duties as assigned.
- Mapping, building, supporting, and updating team-specific solutions, processes, reporting, and supporting documentation.