RemX Staffing is looking for a Medical Biller for a client in Greenville, TX!
Position Summary: The main function of a medical biller is to submit medical claims to insurance companies and payers such as Medicare and Medicaid.
- Obtain referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures
- Check eligibility and benefit verification
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle time frame
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
- Research and appeal denied claims
- Answer all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Set up patient payment plans and work collection accounts
Hours: Monday through Friday 8AM - 5PM
Paid weekly with benefits!
**This is a 5 month contract position with possibility for extension/conversion!**