RemX Engineering has an opening for an entry-level Mechanical Engineer as a Technical Writer, to join a global leader in the production of freight vehicles and containers for the transportation industry. This position primarily supports the aftermarket parts department and will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of parts manuals including technical illustrations and descriptions and other engineering documents.
- Analyze engineering drawings and create descriptions of roles and functions of various components
- Refine and simplify engineering documents for publication
- Consolidate similar parts and assemblies to reduce the total number of parts for ordering and stocking
- Maintain documents archive for future editing or modification of parts
- Creation of Bills of Materials (BOM’s) and uploading information to internal databases
- Provide additional engineering support as necessary