This RemX client is one of the premier commercial construction firms in Texas. Their dramatic growth has created an opportunity for a Preconstruction Project Manager in Austin.
In this role, you will lead commercial projects through the preconstruction process, as well as lead the estimating and bidding process for projects that range from $5 million to $100 million. The role will include general estimating, bidding, plan review, and client relations.
This is a strategic, high-visibility position with strong career potential, offering a competitive salary and excellent company benefits.
- Analyze construction documents in all phases of design for analysis of Constructability, Accuracy, Value Engineering, and Cost Effectiveness
- Perform systems analysis and comparisons of products
- Collaboration with Owner/Architect/Consultants
- Preliminary project phasing/scheduling/site logistics
- City/AHJ coordination, Permit Acquisition
- Perform accurate takeoffs and estimates for Conceptual, SD, and DD phase of the project.
- Develop overall construction estimates and assemble deliverables to owner and project team
- Estimate and develop self-performed estimates and proposals.
- Assist in development of historical costs and estimating data
- Manage pre-bid and bid day activities and participants
- Bid submittal document preparation
- Subcontractor solicitation
- Subcontract negotiation and subcontract writing
- Maximize relationships with Owner/Architect/Consultants
- Maintain relationship with subcontractors
- Involvement in business development/marketing activities