RemX is seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor for a manufacturer in the Atlanta (30339) area. Pay up to $65,000 depending on experience.
The AP Supervisor will be focused on all aspects of Accounts Payable for all invoices other than materials.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will:
- Ensures timely processing of invoices from invoice receipt to payment
- Ensures accurate GL coding
- Hauling and Fuel Vendors – ensures Specialists maintain current status through statement reconciliation, which will be performed at least monthly or weekly as needed.
- Ensures invoice indexing is current
- Manages up to 7 AP Specialists
- Manages employees’ filing (paper or electronic) of all invoices and back-up for any invoices that do not reside in OnBase
- Documents processes of the department
- Trains new hires and coach’s department on work habits, data entry, priorities and work management.
- Directs the work such that accounts remain open, and current
- Asks “why” in order to resolve problems
- Accesses & recommends changes to departmental procedure, work flow etc. to Accounts Services Manager (ASM); implements agreed-upon changes
- Submits “wish list” items (software changes/enhancements, etc.)
- Manages the statement reconciliation process, including electronic filing; especially Haulers
- Ensures related internal policies and procedures are followed
- 1099 Preparation & mailing
The Accounts Payable Supervisor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business; or five years’ experience; or combination of education and experience
- Supervisory experience of AP personnel
- Ready mix concrete experience is a plus
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and team player
- Speed and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and with internal and external customers
- Energetic, flexible, self-directed, possessing professional image
- Understanding efficient process flow
- Strong initiative and follow-up
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Experience with SAGE accounting software and OnBase helpful