The Financial Analyst supports management and operations with information, analytics and financial services in order to achieve the company’s mission and execute its strategic plan. This position monitors and advances the financial health of the company by managing cash flow, enhancing profit, watching costs and safeguarding assets. This includes ensuring the financial health of Solar project(s) by aggressively collecting revenue, accurately forecasting costs and revenues, and timely escalating all potential financial issues to Senior Management. This position is also responsible for job forecasting, cash flow forecasting, budget download, subcontractor invoicing, change orders, compliance auditing and financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing quarterly accurate and reliable project forecasts and reports that enable management to make effective business decisions.
- Preparing the 12-month cash flow schedule with emphasis on the 30/60/90-day period.
- Preparing supplementary schedules of job costs percentage of completion
- Leading the initial budget download process and working with the super/PM to setup the coding structure for the project. On a timely basis updating the project budget to account for change orders and project revisions.
- Ensuring all client invoices are submitted on time and with the appropriate documentation. Following up to assure timely payment of invoices, change orders and claims.
- Understanding variances and identifies the components of the over/under billing. Communicating this information to senior management and works with the project team to resolve.
- Ensuring all subcontractor documentation is received and executed in a timely manner to ensure compliance to the payment terms of the Subcontractor Agreement. Reviewing reports and invoices to make sure there is no wasteful spending.
- Ensuring all invoices are received and vouchered in the appropriate month, prior to the monthly closing deadline
- Reviewing the weekly equipment charges and utilization reports. Discussing any variances with the project team to ensure they make real time cost decisions.
- Assisting in the preparation of schedules, reports, and various supporting documents used in audits performed by independent public accountants