Payroll Specialist - High-volume environment - MFG/Distribution background
We are seeking an experienced individual with a strong work ethic and positive attitude for our Payroll Administrator position.
• Process electronic and manual time sheets to ensure accurate and timely running of payroll for 200 employees. Must have full-cycle payroll processing experience and multi-state payroll knowledge
• Ensure accuracy of records by maintaining database with updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefits deductions, time off accruals, etc.
• Extensive job costing entries on employee hours and wages. • Maintain the database by entering new hires and terminations and making changes when needed. • Prepare time off accrual reports.
• Prepare and remit federal, state, and local tax reports in a timely manner.
• Prepare Worker’s Comp report to insurance carriers and audit materials for various government or private agencies.
Experience/Education Requirements: • Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred. • Minimum of 5 years experience processing payroll and using report writing systems such as Paylocity, ADP or PeopleSoft for a multi-state employer.
• In-depth knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws.
• Must have experience using weighted average calculations for employees with multiple pay rates.
• Experience with payroll related benefits administration which includes transmission of 401k contributions, census reports, health insurance billing reconciliation, etc.
• Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment • Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook • Possess a sense of urgency to get things done. • Flexible personal style to work