Our client, a Non-Profit organization located in San Diego, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their tenured team. This is a wonderful organization and newly created role with the opportunity to give back to the community. Pay is DOE in a 80-90k range with some flexibility for the right person; culture match is important.
General Purpose The Senior Accountant is responsible for recording, and reporting on all financial transactions for our Non-Profit client. In performing these functions, the Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring compliance with laws, appropriate internal controls and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Maintain the Grants of the organization to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and policies and procedures.
- Manage accounting functions of 5 companies, including cash management, cash receipts and disbursements, accounts receivable, payable, general ledger, journal entries, consolidated financial statements preparation, budgetary planning, fixed assets and depreciation
- Manage and mentor and staff and department of 7; work closely with Executive Leadership and Board of Directors for ad hoc reporting, produce and track donation metrics
- Assist with the monthly close of the books and records within the designated time-frame established.
- Document and recommend policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws, GAAP, and achievement of objectives.
- Support of the annual independent audit of financial results.
- Ensure monthly reports are available to Budget Administrators for the budgeted and designated funds and accounts.
- Support Treasurer in financial management of grants received and requested.
- Experience with fund accounting and other non-profit accounting and reporting requirements is highly preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including knowledge of Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, and advanced formulas.
- Ability to design reports and complete data analysis after extracting data from the accounting and other databases.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Attention to detail and accuracy are vital.
- Self-directed and able to set and meet necessary deadlines.
- Willing to support departmental programs and tasks that are not directly related to function.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting required, CPA is a plus but not required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (this is very important)
- ERP experience, Great Plains, Oracle, Navision
- 4-6 years of experience in general accounting with a strong knowledge of GAAP