RemX is seeking a Cash Applications Specialist for one of our great clients in Addison, Texas.
Summary: This position is responsible for the identification and posting of payments placed on account by application activities from the automated lockboxes, EFT/ACH accounts, manually created payments and researching and resolving disputes for both AR and Branch accounts. The position requires strong customer service skills and a comprehensive knowledge of accounts receivable.
- Accurately and timely post daily lockbox, EFT/ACH and manual remittance deposits to the appropriate customer account and invoices, ensuring reconciliation of all batches
- Research, verification, and documenting of previously paid invoices and open credit balances
- Enter and maintain status codes for any invoice, credit memo and payment discrepancies identified when applying remittances
- Ensure that daily transaction information balances with AR upload information, banks and GL postings
- Interface with internal and external customers to resolve open items
- Document results of contacts, track and follow-up on internal and external customer requests
- Identify and communicate bank, system and transmissions issues timely
- Research, pull support and communicate on aged open payments and credits for AR and Branch accounts to support unclaimed property requirements
- Processing of transfers, adjustments, offsets and write offs with the appropriate documentation and authorization
- Processing of customer refunds Processing of return checks
- Research and assist with resolving disputes on AR and Branch accounts Work close with team to ensure goals are met
- Support monthly statement cut offs and financial close to ensure all required task are completed
- Escalate unresolved issues timely
- Report on status of assigned accounts timely