Payroll Administrator Job
Parsippany, NJ area
Global manufacturer is seeking a Payroll Administrator to handle the processing of payroll for several payroll companies. This role will also act as the Company advocate when administering state and federal pay laws.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll for approximately 150 salaried and hourly employees using ADP Workforce Now software
- Set up and process biweekly deductions, health, welfare payments, wage garnishments and child support payments
- Verify accuracy of time and attendance, scheduled hours, deductions and taxes; input into system and adjust as necessary (stop payments, deposit reversals, manually written checks)
- Verify monthly premium statement calculations and process life/ health insurance benefits payments
- Communicate government regulations affecting payroll to management
- Administer 401K deferrals, loans and discretionary match & profit sharing; maintain and update 401k database, perform compliance testing and preparation for annual audit.
- Prepare State and Federal census reports
- New hire package, benefits and discussions with new employees
- Complete unemployment forms, short term disability and miscellaneous employee verification requests
- Annual Workers’ Compensation audit preparation.
- Frequently monitor general ledger for accuracy of accounts
- Keep track of PTO for employees
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 to 5 years of payroll experience
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Strong analytical aptitude, reasoning ability, problem solving skills and time management skills
- Ability to read and comprehend business and professional journals as well as government regulations
- Effective communication rapport to present information to employees
- Proficiency compiling reports, and written correspondence
- Highly organized and attentive to details
Qualified candidates, please apply and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.