Our client, a nonprofit organization located in Center City Philadelphia, is in need of a Temporary Accountant for a 6+ month assignment.
The Temporary Accountant will work 35 hours per week and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Month end close activities - Prepares journal entries for revenue and expenses as assigned. Analyzes sub-ledger activity to ensure proper recording of activities. Reviews account activity for completeness and accuracy. Communicates issues to accounting management.
- Income Statement Variance Analysis - prepares analyses for all assigned revenue accounts and expense accounts for actual vs. prior year and actual vs. budget. Identifies and communicates issues to Accounting management.
- Balance Sheet account reconciliations - prepares reconciliations for all assigned balance sheet accounts for actual vs. budget. Identifies and communicates issues to management.
- Revenue Accounting - Reviews billings to customers to ensure accuracy. Performs revenue recognition activities based on company policy and business area practices. Analyzes revenue accounts for assigned business area, which can include analysis of (actual vs. prior year and actual vs. budget) price / volume variances.
- Special Projects and other duties as assigned.