We are working with a rapidly expanding fiber telecommunication and full-service provider that is searching for an Aerial Construction Manager on a direct hire basis in Indianapolis, IN or Lexington, KY.
In this role, you will manage multiple in-house crews in FTTP to business and home. Additionally, you be managing the maintenance of existing networks and installation of new networks.
NOTE: This position is located in Indianapolis, IN or Lexington, KY – Relocation assistance is available
This is an ideal position if you have and are looking for:
- 5+ years of managing day-to-day aerial construction crews, working over multiple states
- Ability to travel extensively over multiple states
- Work for a rapidly growing and expanding FTTP services company that values an excellent work life balance
- Excellent pay, benefits and career growth opportunities
Main Job Functions:
- Recruit and train crew members to install and maintain aerial fiber optic cable lines
- Direct the day to day work of the aerial line crews and periodically visit the work locations to ensure safety practices are being followed and the crews are delivering quality work according to the construction plans and specifications.
- Own the ultimate responsibility for the aerial line crews including training, safety, quality, costs and schedules
- Work with permitting entities, utility owners and property owners to ensure that the projects are completed in a manner consistent with company's permits and attachment approvals.
- Specifying equipment requirements including, bucket trucks, crew trucks, winders, safety equipment and all other equipment required to perform the work
- Read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Ensure all employees are properly trained in how to do the work and how to work safely
- Schedule crews so that work is completed to meet company completion dates
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the aerial line crews such as approval of time sheets and management of PTO
- Prepare detailed progress reports showing work performed, how the work is progressing against the schedule and the cost of each project.