The Procurement Specialist will purchase goods, assure material availability and general pricing trends in support the successful introduction of promotional initiatives. The individual will also support existing business through package revisions, defect analysis, while managing the supply base for all materials for the commodity group.
- Collaborate with PCD teams (Marketing, Creative, R&D and Purchasing) during the conception and evaluation phases of new projects and participate in supplier selection in correlating feasibility of new packaging related functionality, compatibility and quality which will include but is not limited to:
- Determine component pack-out (shipper development, shipper copy).
- Compile and enter logistic data – TBD with OPI TPD.
- Set-up Parts List, BOM creation, Source List, Info Record
- Create Assembly Instruction and request quotes from vendor
- Maintain pallet patterns, weights, and measurements and communicate information to appropriate departments.
- Resolve component and specification issues for approved and ongoing packaging