RemX Staffing is looking for a Medical Billing/Coding Specialist for a client in Richardson, TX!
Position Summary: Under direct supervision, performs all medical record coding activities. Assigns appropriate diagnostic codes to patient charts and reports as assigned.
- Abstracts relevant clinical and demographic information from the medical record to assign ICD-9 and CPT-4 codes in accordance with coding and reimbursement guidelines.
- Identifies principal and secondary diagnosis with minimal error based on the national based standards.
- Codes with an accuracy of 97% based on QA internal reviews.
- Records all diagnostic procedures and assigns appropriate procedure codes.
- Requests diagnosis from physicians when information is not recorded.
- Determines and records the required medical information.
- Updates coding procedures and guidelines. Works with medical assistants and other staff in coordinating medical information and patient charts.
- Maintains the confidentiality of the medical information contained in each record.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8AM - 4:30PM
Paid weekly with benefits!
**This is a 3 month contract position with possibility for extension!**