RemX has partnered with a large healthcare company in Elkins Park, PA to assist in their search for a Medical Billing Specialist. The Medical Billing Specialist will work Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 3:30pm (35 hours per week) at our client's beautiful suburban Philadelphia campus. Qualified candidates please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Medical Billing Specialist Job Description:
- Prepare and remit third party clinical insurance claims
- Perform all billing and collection activities including claim editing, re-submission of claims, etc.
- Submit third party clinical insurance claims via electronic billing system
- Retrieve electronic and paper denial/rejection reports and correct and/or supply information required by insurance carrier
- Prepare and submit appeals to clinical insurance third party or responsible party for denied and/or unpaid claims
- Post payments through automated and manual processes.
- Interaction with insurance carriers for follow-up on accounts receivable
- Complete HCFA forms in order to manually bill responsible parties, as needed
Medical Billing Specialist Requirements:
- 3 years of patient account/billing experience
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid insurance plans
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills