RemX Staffing is looking for a Sr. Scheduler for a client in San Antonio, TX!
- Answers all incoming calls; assesses callers needs and directs to appropriate personnel. Pages clinic personnel as appropriate. Obtains and communicates messages in an accurate and timely manner.
- Schedules new patients and return appointments in computer system in accordance with physician and/or office guidelines. Cancels/reschedules appointments according to physician schedule changes; notifies appropriate clinic personnel.
- Obtains and enters all authorization and correspondence relating to referrals in patients charts and computer.
- Maintains physicians schedule: on call, vacations, meetings, etc.
- Schedules outpatient appointments/testing and hospital admissions upon request. Obtains necessary pre-certification as required.
- Handles new patient referrals, gathers necessary information, assigns the patient account number and schedules appointment.
- Collects co-pays, deductible and other out of pocket amounts at time of visit.
- Maintains primary office scheduling book containing all physician meetings, satellite schedule, rounding and call coverage.
- Handles incoming phone calls from patients needing to schedule or reschedule appointments.
- Provides patients with accurate and legible appointment cards. Documents no shows in patients chart for missed visits. Follows up with patient to reschedule any missed appointments.
- Arranges for patients to have financial counseling as needed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/corporation.
- Covers for other front office functions as requested.
- Prepares correspondence, memos, forms and other typing as requested by supervisor.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8AM - 5PM
Paid weekly with benefits!
**This is a 3 month contract to hire position.**