Our client has an immediate opening for a Java Developer. This is a permanent, full time position.
This is a technical role which requires object-oriented programming skills, understanding of object-oriented analysis and design, J2EE or other comparable enterprise application architectures, SQL query development, Web services, and XML experience.
- Work closely with the solution analysts to understand business requirements and provide innovative solutions.
- Develop, test, debug and document integration interfaces in accordance with architectural guidelines and practices.
- Understand and work from business requirements documentation (Use Cases, UML as well as traditional software specifications).
- Apply industry standard object-oriented programming best practices and design patterns.
- Plan, initiate and conduct unit and integration testing of applications as well as facilitate system testing.
- Support and troubleshoot production implementations.
- Work to resolve complex technical issues and understand system performance associated with the solution.
- As a part of an agile project team, share technical and product knowledge with other team members.
- Participate in technology/tools evaluation and software technical proof of concepts.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less senior developers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of object-oriented development experience.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design patterns, software architecture concepts, and web application security.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Java programming language and J2EE object-oriented architectures.
- Strong knowledge and experience with SOA, including messaging and web services.
- Knowledge and experience with HTTP and FTP.
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies and experience writing SQL queries.
- Strong UML knowledge.
- Strong XML knowledge.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working as part of a high pace Agile development team.
- Experience with Guidewire technologies a plus.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Java or comparable object-oriented technology certification preferred.