Our client, a third party hospital billing company located in suburban Philadelphia is seeking individuals with Medical Billing and Health Care Accounts Receivable experience to join their team!
The A/R Specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Daily adjudication of claims; processed within the scope of the Client(s) contracted services and parameters of available systems
- Review and process outstanding Client accounts receivable, as assigned, to facilitate subsequent payment and claims adjudication on a timely basis; working an average of 40 to 50 accounts daily
- Perform insurance verification as well as the preparation and submission of electronic and paper claims for various carriers, including, but not limited to governmental and managed care payers
- Review payments, from both remittances and EOB’s, for accuracy. Process appropriate adjustments and/or payments when necessary
- Investigate and reprocess denials and partial payments
- Prepare patient files verifying completeness and accuracy of information necessary for billing and payment, including, but not limited to:
- Patient/Guarantor data
- Insurance data o Authorizations (when necessary).
- Financial data to include charges, payments, and adjustments
- Follow all HIPAA related procedures ensuring the maintenance of patients’ PHI (Protected Health Information)
- Other related tasks as assigned