We have an exciting career opportunity with a global client located in the Scripps Ranch area that is seeking an experienced Sr. Buyer. Must have previous industry experience in purchasing PCBA metal and/or plastic fabrication. Company offers a wonderful culture, team oriented environment, and room for growth! This is an immediate need paying $27.00-30.00 per hour, with some possibility for more depending on experience. If you have the qualifications desired, please apply today for immediate consideration!
- Follows-up on open purchase orders to ensure timely delivery. Expedites orders, as needed to meet departmental requirements.
- Use ERP purchase requisitions to evaluate purchase needs.
- Orders all supplies/services from vendors according to established procedures.
- Obtains quotes, generates and processes requisitions, and maintain related records.
- Assists in identifying back-up vendors for critical expense materials and services. This includes, but is not limited to obtaining samples of materials for testing and qualification.
- Recognize and escalate requests and issues appropriately.
- Utilizes available reports to order materials/services as needed to ensure there are no delays due to material shortages.
- Assists Quality Assurance (QA) Department in resolving non-conforming raw material issues with vendors. Follows-up with vendors to arrange return and replacement of non-conforming materials.
- Assists with the writing and/or updating of SOPs relating to purchasing and computer entries for the purchasing module.
- Negotiates the best price, delivery and expiration date (when applicable) from vendors.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly manner.