Our Trenton NJ area client is searching for a talented and ambitious Information Security Analyst to join the Infosec team. The selected candidate’s oversight will include monitoring and enhancing the client’s information security and cybersecurity program pertaining to information confidentiality, integrity and compliance requirements. In addition, this position will interact with all levels of staff to further develop and support strategic initiatives.
- Performs day to day monitoring of information security and cybersecurity, including reviewing, analyzing and interpreting reports from various systems to identify anomalies, trends, threats or breaches.
- Reviews the comprehensive information security and cybersecurity program, including practices and procedures, the incident response plan and regulatory requirements and then provides recommendations to enhance such programs to meet industry standard guidelines and controls.
- Collaborates with Information Technology on a routine basis for purposes of reviewing and providing recommendations for information security such as patch reports, network design, change management and other projects as assigned.
- Assists with the change management program for coordination and reporting purposes.
- Will actively be involved in the performance of periodic testing of the incident response plan.
- Stays updated on current information security trends and applies that knowledge into operational policies and procedures to be implemented as part of the company’s information security program.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering or math
- Minimum of two years’ experience in information security
- Certifications through ISSEP, CCSK, ECSA, GCIH, CISSP or CISM certification nice to have but not required
- Knowledge of a cloud solution such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud (GCS) nice to have but not required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with a high level of attention to detail and organization.
- Very strong oral and written abilities