Field Service Technician – Perm Position
The Field Service Engineer will work with our customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, improving productivity, reliability and safety. Working independently on the Customer sites across the country to troubleshoot and provide solutions to machine breakdowns, installation, commissioning and on-going maintenance of equipment including machines, waterplants, tooling, machine rebuilds and technology upgrades.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the prompt identification and resolution of Manufactured machinery issues and breakdowns to ensure effective right first time repair with a high level of customer service at all times.
- Provides technical customer service and support during the installation, commissioning and servicing of manufactured machinery along with associated support equipment.
- Maintain, service and commission EDM, ECM and Laser machine tools utilizing electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and high pressure water systems troubleshooting skills.
- Installation and commissioning of Technical upgrade packages from mechanical, pneumatic and electrical drawings along with Software & Firmware updates of required components.
- Contributes to customer satisfaction by executing Preventive and Reactive maintenance at customer sites along with timely response to service requests.
- Provide technical support and service training both internally and externally while maintaining professional and technical knowledge.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement effort and the support of multiple teams.
- Accurate completion of written and PC based maintenance records
- Provide periodic reports to management including customer complaints, trends, and suggestions for improvement.
- Occasional Service of equipment within our Rock Hill manufacturing facility may be required.
- Additional responsibilities include; customer relationship management, written documentation of service activities, and effective interaction and communication with internal technical support personnel, manufacturing, and sales.