Should have a minimum of four years’ experience as an Accountant. Prior experience in a construction is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter deposits and payments, enter accounts payable invoices
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Enter payroll journal entries, process payroll and prepare tax deposits and quarterly reports
- Enter principle and interest on loan payments, monthly standard journal entries
- Review A/R detail and reconcile
- Review A/P statements against possible missing or past due invoices to be paid
- Reconcile all bank and credit card accounts
- Prepare 1099’s and collect W-9’s
- Review vendors and services (telephone or internet service providers, credit card, etc.) invoices for accuracy
- Prepare materials for liability insurance and workers comp audit
- Reconciling all balance sheet accounts and review for accuracy
- The ability to generate monthly financial statements for tax returns and management reporting
- Be extremely organized and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with calculating and recording like-kind exchanges
- Quarterly and YE Payroll reporting
- Business personal property tax
- Recording external payroll transactions or processing QB Payroll
- Recording fixed assets and associated depreciation for book and tax
- Create amortization schedules
Must be well versed in QuickBooks Online and strong in Excel and Word with some formal training in accounting theory. An Associates or four year degree is a plus.
Must possess demonstrated accounting knowledge, strong written and verbal communications skills and the demonstrated ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines without close monitoring. Must take ownership of processes and be able to independently stay on task. Will consider a strong entry level candidate with Degree and QB expertise.