Our client has an immediate need for an Electrical Engineer to work onsite at their Richmond, VA office. This is a contract to hire position and only candidates local to Richmond will be considered.
The Electrical Engineer will work under the direction of the R&D Manager. This individual is responsible for providing engineering support in the areas of HW design, testing, drafting, documentation, technical support, design drawing creation, quality improvements, and cost reduction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with design of PCB assemblies including to design, prototype, and manufacturing specifications
• Wire harness design, documentation and fabrication
• Updating redline drawings, drafting schematics and system drawings in AutoCAD
• Create updates to technical data such as installation and operation manuals, onelines as necessary.
Provides new product engineering support and interfaces with manufacturing on new product launches
• Software regression testing, coordination, and feedback agent to Software Design team
• Integrates new designs into BOM system.
• Support software development and design initiatives
• Resolves component obsolescence issues
• Write test specifications and procedures for electrical and electromechanical assemblies.
• Provide test fixture support for manufacturing, QA, and contract manufacturers.
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering (or similar) is required.
• 2+ years of experience in Analog/Digital hardware and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design is REQUIRED (essential experience).
• 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas is required: product design, new product release, test engineering, manufacturing support.
• 1+ years of industry drafting experience in AutoCAD is required.
• 1+ years’ experience designing experience with Altium strongly preferred, but not required.
• Technical writing experience is preferred.
• Solid debugging skills.
• Proficiency with basic EE tools (Oscilloscopes, Network analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.).
• Knowledge of PDM/PLM software systems a plus.
• Experience with DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices a plus.