ASSISTANT FUND CONTROLLER
A full-service, private real estate investment firm based in Morristown, NJ. Is looking for an Assistant Fund Controller. They will be responsible for all aspects of the monthly accounting close and financial reporting and analysis including:
- Monthly Variance Analysis – Provide explanations for high level variance for the consolidated entities (including reporting package)
- Monthly Reporting to Fund Controller, Director of Accounting and CFO – Prepare, evaluate and distribute monthly reporting package including cash basis operating statement with variance analysis, accrual based B/S, I/S, Equity and Cash Flow statement with supporting schedules
- Quarterly Reporting to Investors – Prepare quarterly report to investors including full set of financial statements, market overview, footnotes and other financial performance information.
- Review covenant compliance for reporting to management and lenders.
- Tax Workpaper Review - Review tax work paper schedules to ensure accuracy, completeness and follow up on unresolved issues
- Year End Audit Coordination – Scheduling, advanced prep and interface with external auditors including coordination of audit workpapers.
- Calculate investor capital calls and quarterly distributions as needed.
- Budget - Prepare detailed Fund level and consolidated budget for the Fund including back up schedules for line items.
- 1099’s Report Review – annually review report for accuracy and completeness.
- Strong cross functional collaboration with other operating departments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA/ CPA a plus
- Real estate and/or private equity experience desired
- Strong GAAP accounting background
- Yardi software experience a plus
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Job costing experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General Budgeting and Forecasting experience desired
CRITICAL OPERATING RELATIONSHIP
- Fund Controllers
- Director of Accounting and Chief Compliance Officer
- Portfolio Managers
- Asset Managers
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive base salary, and annual performance bonus
- 401k with Employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LIFE, LTD, Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Child Care Program (Special Rates, Close Proximity)