RemX is currently seeking an Accounting Manager for a client in the Carlsbad area; selected individual will be responsible for managing an accounting team in a manufacturing setting. Must have manufacturing background and preferred expertise in SAP. This is a Direct Hire position paying 80-110k DOE.
- Report financial results to management.
- Perform accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports; accounts payable, receivable and assist in improvements of policies and procedures.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets; compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting personnel and direct their work activities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Public Accounting and CPA highly preferred
- Manufacturing background and some cost accounting exposure is preferred
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ accounting experience with 2 years at the management level
- Experience with ERP system, SAP preferred