Help Desk Support Technician
Our Client has an immediate need for an IT Help Desk Support Specialist. This is a contract position that will go 6 months with a good chance of being extended.
Responsible for recording incidents and providing various types of support to users.
Maintain a service perspective including an understanding of organizations that support them. Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word-processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Answer user’s inquiries regarding software and hardware operation to resolve problems including requirements originating from a field location, escalate incident reports as needed, monitor ongoing issues.
• Establish equipment for employee use, including cable installation, operating systems, and appropriate software. Train users as necessary on hardware and software.
• Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
• Re-install and rebuild PCs, Move PCs, printers, and phones.
• Clean and maintain Printronix and Zebra Printers.
• Typical software installs, printer installs, and monitor changes
• Wire up new cubicles, CAT5 terminal ends and wall socket terminations.
• Programming knowledge a plus (Visual Basic, Java, SQL, JSTL)
• Networking knowledge a plus (routers, switches, etc.)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and strategic planning skills
• Works with all levels of employees for tech support