Do you enjoy helping people? Do you have great attention to detail?
Our Cary NC client has a need for experienced Patient Assistance Specialists. Candidate will be responsible for one or more of the following activities: first/third party billing utilizing the patient financial information system, adjudicating claims, follow-up reviews, processing/tracking of submissions, remittances and rejections, inpatient/outpatient registration, cashiering, and credit processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to work an 8 hour shift Monday-Friday between 8am-8pm
- Manage Enterprise Lists within CPR+ and Salesforce
- Process a designated amount of new patients daily by accurately inputting information into the system
- Process any follow-ups in your name by due date
- Answer patient and provider calls as they come in to the ACD line
- Verify patients’ insurance benefits for prescribed therapy
- Provide prior authorization support for health care provider to ensure they have complete information initially
- Communicate with providers and other team members regarding patient updates and changes so that they stay abreast of the patient’s status
- Accurately provide an explanation of the benefit plan to patients and providers to ensure understanding of payment responsibility
- Screen patients for free drug, copay assistance, and copay card eligibility based on client guidelines and business rules
- Triage patient referrals to appropriate Specialty Pharmacy per coverage determination confirming complete information is being sent to eliminate back and forth communication
- Accurately enter progress notes for patients so that other team members can access the status of a patient easily
- Perform other related duties as assigned