RemX has partnered with a large mortgage company in Philadelphia, PA to assist in their search for a DE Underwriter for a contract-to-hire opportunity. Qualified candidates must have a direct endorsement certification from HUD. Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
DE Underwriter Job Description:
- Evaluate real estate appraisal to ensure proper guidelines are followed and final value is properly determined.
- Calculate debt-to-income ratios on loan applicants.
- Review all Marital/Separation Agreements, Divorce Decree, Child Support or Alimony documentation, Equitable Distributions and Installment land contracts
- Prepare the loan approval for all loans prior to submitting file to processing.
- Review and determine all required disclosures are in every file.
- Review credit reports to determine all accounts are present on the loan application and make corrections in byte, then submit back through Automated Underwriting System (AUS) for updated finding.
- Review and analyze paystubs, W-2’s, personal or business tax returns and request any additional documentation required to determine the income. Make necessary changes in system then submit back through Automated Underwriting System for updated finding.
- Explain reasons for denial and explore options for members when loans are denied.
- Respond to Internal and External Quality Control Audits.
- Determine correct loan level price adjustments on Conventional Loans
- Assist with the review of loan files to determine if the loan can be approved or if additional documentation is required to render a decision.
DE Underwriter Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of current Federal National Mortgage Association and PMI Guidelines
- At least five years of experience in mortgage lending.
- Active CHUMS ID
- Considerable judgment is required. Must analyzed complicated factual situations, apply functional principles and develop solutions.