Our Client has an immediate need for an IT Help Desk Support Specialist. This is a 6 month contract position.
Responsible for recording incidents and providing various types of support to users. Maintain a service perspective including an understanding of organizations that support them. Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word-processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Answer user’s inquiries regarding software and hardware operation to resolve problems including requirements originating from a field location, escalate incident reports as needed, monitor ongoing issues.
- Establish equipment for employee use, including cable installation, operating systems, and appropriate software. Train users as necessary on hardware and software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Re-install and rebuild PCs, Move PCs, printers, and phones.
- Clean and maintain Printronix and Zebra Printers.
- Typical software installs, printer installs, and monitor changes
- Wire up new cubicles, CAT5 terminal ends and wall socket terminations.