We have an exciting contract opportunity with a large medical device client located in the Miramar area that is seeking a Purchasing Assistant / JR Buyer. Must have previous SAP experience and advanced Excel (V-look up, pivot table) experience; industry experience in Medical Device or Pharma is a preference. Company offers a wonderful culture, and a team-oriented environment! This is an immediate need paying $20-25/hr for a 4 month contract period, with some potential for permanency (highly performance related). If you have the qualifications desired, please apply today for immediate consideration!
- Follows-up on open purchase orders to ensure timely delivery. Expedites orders, as needed to meet departmental requirements.
- Use SAP purchase requisitions to evaluate purchase needs.
- Orders all supplies/services from vendors according to established procedures.
- Recognize and escalate requests and issues appropriately.
- Utilizes available reports to order materials/services as needed to ensure there are no delays due to material shortages.
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and assist in selecting best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Assists Quality Assurance (QA) Department in resolving non-conforming raw material issues with vendors.
- Follows-up with vendors to arrange return and replacement of non-conforming materials.
- Assists with the writing and/or updating of SOPs relating to purchasing and computer entries for the purchasing module.
- Assists with various Purchasing activities and initiatives, including but not limited to, managing pricing agreements, cost reduction activities, identifying back-up vendors, vendor qualifications, product change requests (PCR), etc.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly manner.