Our client is hiring a Supply Chain Manager to be responsible for purchasing and planning of low-volume, complex medical and biotechnical devices under GMP and FDA scrutiny. This is an exciting time to grow with our client in a fast paced, high collaborative visible role.
- Schedule, purchase and expedite direct and indirect materials in support of all departments.
- Manage assigned material inventories using established inventory control systems and tools, including Kanbans, visual stocking systems, and MRP.
- Lead continuous improvements to the supply chain processes, find ways for cost savings, improve efficiency and track important key metrics for upper management review.
- Negotiate supplier agreements/contracts, payment terms, obtain best pricing and monitor quality of purchased materials and supplier performance.
- Maintain an accurate ERP system master data set as it related to materials and monitor inventory levels to determine required demand and adequate stock levels per MRP.
- Request quotes, samples and production first articles for evaluation of new product designs and potential suppliers.
- Conduct supplier reviews and layout recovery plans when required. Provide timely information to Sales, Production Control and Operations on purchase order status and customer inquiries.