Shift Schedule - M - F 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Courteously and efficiently answers all incoming calls and connects callers with the correct extension.
- Takes and relays messages in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responds to emergency and urgent calls from patients in a timely manner.
- Directs callers immediately to clinical staff as necessary.
- Performs operator functions including triaging calls; connecting and transferring calls; setting up conference calls; instructing users on telephone procedures, and reporting telephone and equipment malfunctions to the appropriate party.
- It provides a pleasant and helpful phone contact for callers.
- Responsible for opening and closing the switchboard.
- Responsible for the in-house paging system.
- Performs clerical duties as assigned to maintain workflow in the department.