Our client has an immediate need for an Oracle PL/SQL Developer. This is a 6 month contract position.
- Participates in requirements gathering, analysis and design.
- Analyzes and assists in system data architecting.
- Under the direction of business analysts, solution architects, and application designers, ensures the designs are consistent and coherent to the enterprise architecture standards and existing system environment.
- Assures the integrity and accuracy of the corporate data, with particular attention to data security.
- Responsible for the implementation of database component in projects and enhancements.
- Design, develop, and deploy database objects across different environments.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-current data dictionaries.
- Participates in database programming for custom applications or enhancements to systems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 6+ Years hands-on software/database development experience with preferably at least three years performing data modeling and supporting a large scale database environment
- Proficient in Oracle PL/SQL programming, is a must
- Hands-on performance tuning of PL/SQL, which is also a must
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and trouble shooting skills
- Experience in requirement analysis, system design and implementation of sophisticated software applications
- Extensive experience in performing data modeling including relational and perhaps dimensional as well, logical and physical database design for large scale database systems
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, work on multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- Ability to learn and master existing complex systems and business rules quickly, and comprehend new requirements accurately
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to details
- Works well with others, ability to take direction and constructive feedback
- Experience w/ version control software such as Subversion (SVN) is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/information system or related field