Purchasing Category Manager Duties:
- Identify and source new suppliers and vendors through selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key approved suppliers and vendors.
- Develop, negotiate and administer purchase orders with suppliers in support of organizational requirements.
- Measure and manage vendor and supplier costs, quality and delivery performance while also ensuring compliance with contractual agreements, internal quality standards and external regulations.
- Oversee purchase order process to ensure timely placement of purchase orders as well as proper authorization and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Actively manage inventory by working with various departments to monitor product need, supply and demand.
- Manage complete end-to-end import process including coordination of inbound pipeline from overseas point of origin to Coast Southwest, preparation of documents for import of cargo, facilitating of cargo through import process, and management of delivery carriers.
- Proactively communicate Estimated Time of Departure and Estimated Time of Arrival for all Purchase Orders to the appropriate people.
Purchasing Category Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, purchasing/logistics management or similar field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of purchasing and/or supply chain management experience.
- Experience in the chemical and/or specialty ingredients industry is a definite plus.
- Seasoned business knowledge of supply side logistics and customs import procedures.
- Excellent communication (internal and external), organizational and negotiating skills.
- Must be customer focused and understand the importance of sales driving the machine.
- Must have a corrective action mindset.
- Must be able to anticipate relevant topics for discussion for the appropriate departments.
- Proficient in use of MS Office.