RemX is currently seeking an experienced HR Benefits Specialist for an opportunity with our non-profit client located in North County San Diego. This position will pay up to 75k.
Looking for someone to manage the benefits and wellness programs and be the company contact for day-to-day management for various benefit programs, including benefit enrollment, carrier invoicing and Web Benefits program needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and coordinate all benefit related activities, including administration of company benefit admin system.
• Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; wellness and voluntary programs.
• Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide carriers with accurate eligibility information.
• Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
• Ensure company’s compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
• Manage the employee benefits orientation program, ensuring employees understand their benefit package, distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determine eligibility.
• Provide employee with immediate assistance and resolve benefit questions, claim issues or plan changes in timely manner.
• Reconcile benefit invoices timely. Generate discrepancy reports, review and resolve any errors
EDUCATION: B.A. or B.S. preferred either Human resources certificate or Human Resources designation such as SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR is required
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years of experience in Human Resources required. Experience managing employee benefits preferred.
KNOWLEDGE: HRIS knowledge preferred. Knowledge of employment and wage and hour laws, workers compensation, and benefits administration preferred.