The Copy Center Scheduler connects with medical or provider offices to build relationships and facilitate the retrieval of medical Records within the project timelines established by Change Healthcare and Change Healthcare Clients. This position works in a highly focused, demanding and timeline-driven environment. HOURS ARE 8:AM-5:30PM
The successful candidate will have experience building relationships, overcoming objections, and negotiating timelines with the hird Party Vendors to reach Chart Retrieval goals. The Copy Center candidate will have the ability to communicate clearly while articulating potential challenges or risks to achieving goals to both internal and external team members.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Ownership, management and monitoring of the chart retrieval process (scheduling, retrieval attempt, and pend process) for sites scheduled with a copy center
- Contact by phone, email or fax all assigned medical offices/facilities requesting or negotiating specific medical records to be retrieved within a specified Turn Around Time. Scheduling also includes:
- Identifying all sites/providers affiliated with assigned Location.
- Develop a positive rapport with site contacts, and third-party copy center(s).
- Validate all demographic information for assigned locations.
- Offering the best method of retrieval for the assigned location
- Confirmation of the requested chart(s) and that the location demographics are correct for chart placement and retrieval if medical group contains multiple physical locations.
- Escalate and follow up with internal business partners regarding issues impacting successful retrieval of charts as well as support to expedite completion of charts received within project completion dates.
- Maintain thorough documentation in OPM of scheduling commitments, contacts, notes and special requests in support of successful chart retrieval
- High School Diploma – Associates degree preferred
- At least two (2) years of call center experience in a soft sales environment OR
- Previous experience within Change Healthcare Scheduling – Fax Mail Scheduling
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Ability to work flexible hours based on the needs of the job and or time zones
- Ability to maintain productivity objectives for required phone contacts and complete required administrative work (i.e. Filling out the correct escalation forms and following up on completions)
- Complete HIPAA; Fraud, Waste & Abuse; and Medicare training requirements
- Ability to prioritize tasks based upon project objective goals for completion
- Ability to adapt to change
- Must be flexible as schedule changes may occur due to call volume and/or staff size
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, timeline-driven environment to meet project commitments and goals.
- Exemplary communication skills with the ability to articulate information in a clear, concise manner to multiple levels of the organization, including clients
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Platform,
- Working Excel Spreadsheet, converting Documents to Pdf.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to overcome provider or facility objections in order to successfully retrieve a chart
- Strong organizational skills, including establishing priorities, process facilitation and project management/communication
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Activities - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.