This RemX client is a leading provider of critical services to the electrical distribution industry.
Their ongoing success has created an opportunity for a Senior P&C Technician in their Bakersfield, CA location.
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining, calibrating, and troubleshooting protection and control equipment for power plants, wind farms, industrial locations, commercial facilities, data centers and others.
This is an ideal position for you if you have the following:
- 3+ years' experience as a protection & controls technician
- A desire for a career with opportunity for stability and growth
- The ability to travel 50%+
This is a high-visibility position with career advancement potential, offering competitive compensation and excellent company benefits.
- Perform testing of electromechanical and microprocessor protective relays
- Perform testing of instrument transformers, transducers, meters and associated equipment
- Using schematic diagrams and system knowledge, troubleshoot and repair system protection control equipment and relays
- Maintenance of all plant protective relaying and associated control circuits including testing, calibration, functional tests, troubleshooting and installation of upgrades (generator relaying, Main Power Transformer, Unit Auxiliary Transformer, Start-up Stand-by Transformer relaying, Medium voltage switchgear relaying and transfer schemes, Plant/switchyard interface relaying, etc.)
- Interface with outside vendors/business/customers and partners
- Revise and maintain all associated drawings
- Conduct diagnostic tests on generation facilities' electrical equipment (Generator CTs, PTs, ancillary equipment)