RemX Irvine is looking for a Contract Cost Accountant for our client located in the city of Seal Beach 5-6-month Contract offering $40-$47p/hr.
Cost Accountant Duties:
- Prepares all supporting documents for cost accounting and fixed assets for the annual audit.
- Analyze the actual costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs for audit purpose.
- Prepare inventory movement and COGS substantive analysis.
- Prepares monthly roll forward of fixed assets and related accumulated depreciation accounts and reconcile GL balance and sub ledger.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Manage physical inventory cycle count and fixed asset.
- Identify monthly material consumption, WIP quantity, labor cost, OH for processing production month end closing and book monthly COGS JEs.
- Coordinate the monthly closing with accounting team monthly insuring correct results with minimal adjustments; Generate general ledger entries; Prepare monthly financial reporting (CIP, PPV) and balance sheet reconciliations (inventory, liabilities); Provide information for weekly flash reports; Prepare additional analysis as required to explain and summarize financial activity.
- Reports to Controller
Cost Accountants Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting; CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years work experience in a related job or company; Prior experience in Manufacturing Cost Accounting desirable; Prior experience with BPCS/ERPLx and PeopleSoft or similar software systems a plus.
- Possess the ability to understand and correlate complex business issues into simple cause and effect explanations; Excellent formal and informal written and oral communication skills; Willingness to be held accountable for producing accurate information and to perform tasks by the highest ethical standards
- Expert command of standard MS Office Applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook