Technical Support Engineer – Software and Hardware – Direct Hire - Minneapolis
We are working with a rapidly growing and successful Minneapolis based IT outsourcing/MSP firm that is search for a Technical Support Engineer on a direct hire basis in Minneapolis. This role requires strong windows/networking experience, hardware/mechanical knowledge and a strong customer service focused person to work with clients nationally.
This is an ideal position if you are searching for and possess:
- Have strong technical, mechanical and customer service skills; enjoy variety in your work
- Be part of a growing team, where the decisions and expertise you bring make a difference to the entire organization
- Work for a company that is a leader in their industry, with plenty of growth opportunity
- Excellent pay and benefits program with the ability to work for a company that values work/life balance
Main Job Functions
- Provide technical assistance to the customers and field service technicians
- Diagnose and troubleshoot software, network, and hardware problems
- Assist the customers and field service technicians to install applications and programs.
- Provide technical support by phone and email that includes: resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support.
- Provide technical support to field technicians and customers with hardware and software issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Talk technicians and customers through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Design and configure software and hardware solution prior to deployment of equipment
- Develop and manage technical documentation as needed to support field technicians and customers.
- Manage software upgrades and sure they are easily downloadable for field personnel.