Our client has an immediate need for a Senior Program Manager to implement and lead several complex, high priority initiatives encompassing organizational change, business process excellence and improvement, and digital transformation. This is a high-impact position that requires an individual comfortable with presenting to and frequently communicating with senior executives, internal stakeholders, external partners, and staff.
- Lead the execution of high-impact institutional projects with significant strategic value to the organization’s mission.
- Shape and lead assigned initiatives/projects with responsibility for establishing both short- and long-range goals.
- Lead cross-functional teams through all phases, from chartering, kick-off, solution design, implementation, benefit monitoring, to successful closure. Ensure smooth transition of the project deliverables into sustainable routine operation and embedded into ongoing processes.
- Manage and coordinate projects or assignments across multiple organizational areas, usually with a broad spectrum of internal and external clients.
- Conduct research, process analysis, and cost-benefit analysis to identify and recommend improvement opportunities. Establish process and project metrics.
- Validate cost and benefit assumptions with stakeholders, resource managers, and process owners.
- Manage multiple projects, budgets, issues and risks.
- Keep all team members informed and engaged throughout the projects.
- Lead and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule, and deliverables meet target specification, time frame, and budget.
- Request and secure the appropriate allocation of project resources, often in excess of one million dollars.
- Modify schedules and plans as needed.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible management experience in planning, development, financial analysis, program/projects management, and operations management.
- Experience and success managing people and teams and large-scale (10-figure) projects or programs required; success and experience in managing large-scale change initiatives in a corporate environment a plus.
- Experience in project portfolio management, process design, change management, and/or for-profit project/program management experience required.
- Experience in all phases of project / program management, introducing, designing, and implementing programs required.
- Requires an in depth knowledge of planning, systems and tools management, and operations management (including managerial accounting/budgets development).
- Exceptional organizational dynamics skills and emotional intelligence (self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills).
- Ability to learn and adapt to change quickly.
- An ideal candidate is one who enjoys discovering and solving ambiguous problems, can quickly learn complex systems, and enjoys building actionable insights from information gathered or results generated.
- Possess exceptional communication skills, with demonstrated success in partnering with business stakeholders, understanding complex requirements, and scoping and scaling desired program and projects deliverables.
Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree a plus.
Certification (s): PMP, PgMP, MPM or other project management certifications are highly desired.