The Document Management Specialist is responsible for the successful receipt of medical record documentation and correspondence sent in from providers and facilities nationwide. The specialist will prepare and sort all incoming electronic files. Specialist will use pre-defined naming conventions (ChartID) to index individual files and upload into the iTools Database. The specialist will also perform some data entry of pre-defined data into the ODIS database, as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- At least two (2) years of college equivalent courses or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on available work assignments
- Ability to maintain high productivity over the course of project(s).
- Ability to acknowledge and respect confidential information.
- Must show proven adaptability to change.
- Must be flexible as schedule changes may occur due to extended hours (OT).
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, timeline driven environment to meet project commitments and goals.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Exemplary communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a high level for attention to detail.
- Handling PDF images or other image types.
- Working knowledge of computers, or demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Excel skills.
- Familiarity with Medical terminology.
- Familiarity with HIPPA and PHI rules.