2019 Global Employer! Amazing Culture and Benefits.
Come be a part of an organization known as a major leader in the health care industry!!
Multinational Pharmaceutical company is hiring for Surgical Scheduler in one of their state of the art facilities in San Antonio.
· Friendly, nice environment, , Opportunity for growth
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is fully versed in surgery scheduling
- Demonstrates an understanding of medical terminology, procedures and diagnosis necessary to perform appropriate scheduling.
- Knowledgeable in coding, able to look up codes specific to diagnosis and scheduled procedure.
- Knowledge of patient’s medical history, i.e. allergies, current medications
- Obtains insurance pre-authorization
- Obtains and enters all authorization and correspondence relating to scheduled surgery in EMR/Physicians calendar, surgical assistant and anesthesia scheduling.
- Communicates to patient what the necessary prep is before surgery.
– Follow up on all pre-operative tests to ensure completed and cleared for surgical procedure and communicates with physician and patients if further testing is required before surgery is performed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/corporation
- Schedules post-operative follow-up appointments with the Physician.
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency surgery scheduling position
- May provide direction and assistants to lower level employees - Researches and responds to routine, non-routine, and complex situations in a timely and professional manner
- Other duties as requested or assigned
-High School diploma or equivalent required.
-Position requires at least 5 years of medical office work experience.
-Knowledge of medical terminology required.
-Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
-Proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) required.