The Medical Records Indexer is responsible for receiving medical records/documentation and correspondence from Healthcare providers/facilities. This role requires preparation/sorting all incoming electronic medical records/files. Will need to index individual files and upload into the iTools Database. Responsibilities also include performing data entry of pre-defined data into the specific database, as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- At least two (2) years of college equivalent courses or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on available work assignments
- Ability to maintain high productivity over the course of project(s).
- Ability to acknowledge and respect confidential information.
- Must show proven adaptability to change.
- Must be flexible as schedule changes may occur due to extended hours (OT).
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, timeline driven environment to meet project commitments and goals.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Exemplary communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a high level for attention to detail.
- Handling PDF images or other image types.
- Working knowledge of computers, or demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Excel skills.
- Familiarity with Medical terminology.
- Familiarity with HIPPA and PHI rules.