RemX is seeking a Quality Manager for a manufacturing client located near Athens, GA. Pay $70,000 - $85,000 per year.
The Quality Manager will:
• Drive continuous improvement of quality systems to ensure ISO compliance and improve efficiency. Document the performance of the quality system as a basis for improvement.
• Develop and analyze data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy.
• Maintain non-conformance system and corrective action, including resolving external and internal rejects, completing CARs and tracking business unit’s ENCR/INCR performance.
• Investigate quality problems as a result of customer returns and customer complaints.
• Verify all testing and measuring equipment is properly maintained and capable of producing quality product.
• Lead ISO program and maintain related files. Coordinate ISO compliance for the site.
• Follow prescribed safety rules using 5S safety standards.
• Manage safety programs within the plant from ensuring first aid supplies are available to documenting and implementing corrective action when a safety incident occurs.
• Supervise final inspection and QA/QC employees.
• Support projects to improve plant profitability through scrap reduction, process efficiency and quality improvement.
• Work with plant personnel on improving/reducing operations issues affecting manufacturing, finishing and warehousing. Coordinate meetings, action plans, set milestones to achieve improvements.
• Maintain established procedures for vendor qualifications and inspection.
• Maintain UL/CSA standards including submission of new construction and re-certification.
• Maintain the business unit’s Safety programs including managing safety suggestion program, safety walkthrough, training, implementation of safety policies and compliance to policy and various local, state and federal agencies.
• Supervise compliance to ROHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals and CMA.
• Is an active member of the 80-20 team.
• Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
• Follows all department work instructions.
The Quality Manager Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related degree.
· Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a similar quality/process role in a manufacturing environment using tools such as 80/20, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc. to improve quality and productivity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated project success in ISO process management, quality engineering, scrap reduction, automated process equipment up-time improvements, lead time reductions, etc.
· Experience with manufacturing processes and unit operations used in the printing industry.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents; to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
· Knowledge of costing and production methods in a manufacturing environment.
· Excellent problem-solving skills using only limited data to make a decision.
· Must be computer savvy and have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ERP systems, and Access.
· Must be able to handle humid conditions, fumes, toxic chemicals and heat. This position will occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.