RemX Irvine is recruiting for a Staff Accountant or Assistant Controller for our client located in Placentia. This is a company that is growing rapidly and looking for someone who will be responsible for preparing financial statements, accounting reports and analysis to assist mgmt. in making sound financial decisions. Direct Hire Offering $55,000-$65,000p/year DOE
Staff Accountant or Assistant Controller Duties:
- Complete monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliations.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Provide timely and accurate financial analysis to management for key revenue metrics on a monthly basis.
- Assist with all audits, budgeting and special projects as required.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Provide daily ACH deposit report.
- Provide daily sales projection reports to management.
- Calculate monthly commission reports by the Tuesday before the second paycheck of each month.
- Handle all salesperson commission changes upon request from management.
- Input new customer’s information into Chempax; this includes updates to their information as needed.
- Cover the duties of the credit coordinator when they are not present.
- Fulfill SAPR revisions upon request.
- Furnish W9’s and credit applications upon request.
- Prepare and file property tax forms on a timely basis.
- Prepare and file sales and use tax forms on a timely basis.
- Prepare VAT work papers for quarterly filings.
- Assist with all other accounting duties and positions as needed.
- Function as back-up in processing bi-weekly payroll.
Staff Accountant or Assistant Controller Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance OR a Bachelor’s Degree in business with an emphasis in accounting, is required
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in accounting procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Efficient and highly skilled in the use of Excel spreadsheets and have solid working knowledges of other software systems, such as MS Office.
- Successful candidate will have strong analytical and abstract reasoning skills, excellent organizational skills and will be process oriented.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to anticipate relevant topics for discussion for the appropriate departments.
- Proficient in use of MS Office.