RemX Irvine is looking for an Accounting Supervisor, who will be performing accounting and financial activities for our client. Looking for someone who is analytical and skilled to determine the best outcome when faced with uncertainty. This is a newly created position for a large, well know company located in Irvine. Direct Hire Offering $80,000-90,000p/yr.
Accounting Supervisor Duties:
- Supervisor and coordinate operations for 3 accounting staff members
- Assist in performance and goal setting for staff
- Resolve issues and strong communication between staff and mgmt.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual closing process
- Responsible for ensuring all transactions are entered on a timely and accurate basis, including reviewing all journal entries related to accounting
- Support internal, external and regulatory audits.
- Reconcile and record Sales and Cost of Goods Sold from E commerce.
- Increases productivity by developing and/or enhancing automated accounting processes, tools and applications.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Accounting Supervisor Requirements:
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Knowledge of JDE, preferred.
- A 7+ years’ experience in financial reporting.
- Understanding and knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, Planning and organizing and take ownership of work
- Strategic and tactical thinking, Strong communication skills, Problem identification and analysis