The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the selection of carriers, scheduling of pick-up and delivery activities. Also monitors carrier performance and resolves transportation problems with urgency and professionalism. Performs logistics analysis and provides transportation support. Monitors and reports on carriers/drivers that are not providing satisfactory service. Responsible for tracking, tracing, rating and routing shipments, using software systems specifically designed to manage logistical functions.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE A MINIMUM OF 2 YEARS IN SUPPLY CHAIN AND/OR LOGISTICS
- Daily management and coordination of shipments with both brokers and carrier
- Tracking shipments in route.
- Act as a liaison between brokers, carriers and MX Logistics
- Provide customer service information and resolve any issues that occur.
- Troubleshoot and resolve shipment discrepancies as needed
- Coordinate logistics for projects coming from multiple customer sites and vendors
- Prepare documentation as necessary
- Input data / documents into the company database for tracking, billing, and reporting purposes
- Transmit shipping documents to customers, brokers, or carriers as required.
- Create and maintain various spreadsheets for operations
- Request quotations from trucking companies and schedule trucks
- Process shippers and invoices for customer orders
- Input customer orders in company system
- Interact with drivers to ensure paperwork is complete and accurate
- Process and track accounts receivable invoices
Salary is: $45-60K
Excellent Benefits and PTO