Join A Team that will Kick Start your career.
Our client is looking for a Pharmacy Technician II
The ideal person will be responsible for the following duties.
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy.
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels.
- Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy.
- May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory.
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding.
- Communicates with internal and external customers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- May process returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
Also performs at least one of the following:
- Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system to produce labels (data entry).
- Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy standard for Days on Hand.
- Works with automated machine to pre-pack drugs.
- Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room.
- Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood.
- Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g., RxNow).
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be asked to stay past 6:30 pm on occasion when late new orders are received.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Required: Experience in a pharmacy setting.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Required: As required by government regulations and business needs
- Required: Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, and effective oral communication.