RemX Irvine is recruiting for an Accounting Assistant for our client located in Irvine. This company is in the food Industry and is growing rapidly, this is an entry level position that is working with clients and assisting them with any billing/shipping discrepancies. Temp or Temp to Hire Offering $17.00p/hr.
Accounting Assistant Duties:
- Audits and validates open deductions
- Reassigns deductions.
- Processes AP check requests. Must verify/audit back-up.
- Maintains record of all checks and deductions.
- Prepares check back-up and distributes to brokers (fax, e-mail, mail)
- Evaluates open deductions, researches and fulfills broker back-up requests
- Distributes supporting documentation/backup for open deductions
- Prepares deduction summary report for Accounts Receivable and mails to broker
- Forwards valid freight claims to shipping to issue credit/debit memos
- Follows up on repayments.
- Trains/Instructs brokers regarding trade promotion management related deductions.
- Contacts broker with problems regarding promotion funds and also helps brokers with their questions or requests by e-mail and phone.
- Researches and fulfills broker back-up requests.
- Investigates and solves problems due to lack of funds, pricing or over-deduction issues.
- Assists with new audit and trade promotion management related projects.
- Files deduction folders (cash receipts) in storage boxes for on-demand retrieval
- Notes deductions on reimbursement checks, copies and files check copies (check stubs) in storage boxes for on-demand retrieval
- Voids returned checks
- Assists with handling incoming phone calls.
Accounting Assistant Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 1+ years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- Organizational skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication, customer service and vendor relationship skills