RemX has an excellent contract role available with a global client located in the Scripps Ranch area. Our client is seeking a Buyer I to assist with a busy Purchasing department. Must have commodity industry experience with PCBA/Metal/Plastic Fabrication and technical understanding, ability to read schematic drawings and process PO transactions. This contract is paying $24-27/hr DOE. Apply today!
- Follows-up on open purchase orders to ensure timely delivery. Expedites orders, as needed to meet departmental requirements.
- Use ERP purchase requisitions to evaluate purchase needs.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
- Research potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements, and advise the team of which suppliers to use
- Obtains quotes, generates and processes requisitions, and maintain related records.
- Recognize and escalate requests and issues appropriately.
- Utilizes available reports to order materials/services as needed to ensure there are no delays due to material shortages.
- Coordinate appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
- Negotiates the best price, delivery and expiration date (when applicable) from vendors.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly manner.